A Perfect Guide for the Best Pressure cooker In India
Know All About Best Pressure cooker in India
Getting home one of the best pressure cooker in India would ensure you easier and faster cooking. Let’s discuss some more about the best features.
Let’s have a glance at the main features of the best pressure cooker in India:
- Most of them have a stainless steel body of high food grade that makes them hygienic and durable.
- Pressure cookers have a steel aluminum sandwich at the base that makes it thick and free to be used on any cooktop such as induction, gas, stove.
- The important feature about the pressure cooker is the safety valve or the whistle. Most of them have a stainless steel valve that allows the safe release of pressure.
- Most pressure cookers have a gasket that is made of silicon and provides a second safety release system for the pressure after the whistle.
- Pressure cookers must have a handle that is firmly attached to the body and ensures easy holding without getting heated up.
- The design should be such that it is easy to handle and clean.
These are the reasons why pressure cookers are beneficial to us.
The availability of so many brands and different features of the best pressure cooker in India may be confusing. So, to choose which would be the best pressure cooker in India for us, we have framed a review for you.
Before buying the best pressure cooker in India, you need to be thorough with the specification and features of different products available in the market. This is possible when you go through the buyer’s guide.
This guide will help us out to choose the efficient pressure cooker for ourselves. We must check all the factors that are stated below for the pressure cooker to work effectively.
- Body material
- Compatibility for different types of cooktops such as induction, gas, stove
- Lid quality
- Gasket quality
- Presence of a safety valve
- Whistle quality
- Handles and screwing
These are some of the important points that we must keep in mind before buying a pressure cooker.
Best pressure cooker brands In India
There might be a bit of confusion regarding the different pressure cooker brands. That is why we are here to introduce some of the pressure cooker brands for you
Let’s check them out.
These brands come at the top when it comes to a pressure cooker in the market. It is very difficult to decide which company leads the market as they all make high-class products.
So, we can check out some of their products that will give us a better idea regarding the pressure cooker we may want to buy.
LIST OF BEST PRESSURE COOKER IN INDIA
1. Hawkins Stainless Steel Tall Pressure Cooker
Hawkins stainless steel pressure cooker is the best pressure cooker in India that has a compact and versatile design.
It is made of superior stainless steel that ensures longer durability and hygiene. The product is certified by Underwriters Laboratories and bears the UL listing mark.
The pressure cooker is marked safe and works on gas, induction, electricity, ceramic, and halogen cooktops equally efficiently.
- It has a superior stainless steel food grade body and lid. It is made of type 304 stainless steel that makes the product long-lasting.
- It has a component of 18/8 non-magnetic body that stands for 18% chromium and 8% nickel that makes it corrosion resistant against acids founds in fruits and vegetables.
- It is provided with an extra layer of 4.1mm thick sheet of aluminum at the bottom that helps to heat it uniformly and prevents burning.
- The base is made of AISI grade 430 magnetic stainless steel that allows for safe cooking, for light and deep-frying before applying pressure cooking.
- It has a pressure locked safety lid that keeps it locked until there is pressure inside.
- It has a perfect design with the lid handlebar that can seal effectively with the cooker rim for proper sealing.
- It has a fixed sturdy pivot that ensures a steam tight seal and so no extra pressure is put on the handles.
- It has an automatic safety valve that ensures the steam is directed downwards.
- It has an improved pressure regulation that ensures better and faster cooking and prevents spilling of food such as Dal.
- The gasket is safe from constant scraping every time the pressure cooker is opened and the rim of the lid protects the gasket from food acids.
- It has stay-cool handles that are sturdy and helps you lift and hold the cooker while the inside is still hot and cooking.
- It has a perfectly carved body that ensures you to stir the food easily before cooking, prevent the food from sticking and ensures easier cleaning.
- It is provided with a pressure cooker manual that provides you free recipes and you can mix and match to make your recipes as well.
The price of the product is 2715 INR, however, it is available on Amazon for 2339 INR at a discount of 14% with free shipping and positive reviews have been given to the product by the customers.
This is the best pressure cooker in India that you can bring to your kitchen.
- A perfect carved body that helps in pressure cooking and stirring.
- Provided with an aluminum base that helps in uniform heating.
- Provided with convenient handles that allow for holding the cooker while it is hot and cooking.
- Cracking of the bottom in ceratin products
- Handlebar may be loosely attached and the stainless steel quality of lid is not very good.
2. Prestige Deluxe Alpha Outer Lid Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Prestige is one of the best brands that are renowned for making home appliances for its customers. It has a stylish design that ensures safety and durability.
The design adds to the aesthetic appeal of the kitchen while the sturdiness makes it easier to handle and durable. The pressure cooker is designed for a modern kitchen and is one of the best pressure cooker in India.
Let’s see some of its additional features:
- It has a steel aluminum steel sandwich base that ensures efficient distribution of heat and faster cooking.
- The outer lid is made of high-quality stainless steel and the body is made durable to last longer and heat faster.
- It has a safety valve made of stainless steel that releases pressure above 1 kg/cm2 and makes it safe for use.
- It also has a controlled gasket release system that provides a second level of safety system if there is any blockage in the vent.
- It has a metallic safety plug that provides the third level of safety so the excess pressure is released.
- It has a durable handle that is fitted to the body with two screws instead of one making it more sturdy.
- It has a pressure indicator that provides a visual indication of the pressure level so that you know exactly when to open the lid.
The price of the product is 2300 INR but it is available on Amazon for a price of 2280.
Prestige offers the best pressure cooker in India and caters to the needs of the customers and constantly invests in making better products.
It is one of the best products for you to bring home.
- The aluminum bottom allows for efficient distribution of heat.
- Easy cooking and cleaning.
- Durable and long-lasting made of high-quality stainless steel.
- Leaves a silver polish to the food upon prolonged pressure cooking.
- Can only be used for food that requires pressure cooking for 1-2 mins
3. Butterfly Curve Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
The Butterfly pressure cooker is the best pressure cooker in India in terms of its manufacturing and finish. It is designed to make cooking easier and faster for your family.
These machines make the daily job a lot easier for you to tackle. It is also highly durable and long-lasting. Other amazing features of the pressure cooker are stated as follows.
- It has an aesthetic design with a cool grip handle that allows easy handling.
- It has a handle with a special lock system for rotation in uni-direction.
- It has a rubber grade gasket and safety release system
- It ensures faster cooking with reduced use of gas and is energy-efficient.
- It is ideal for a family of 4 members and the design allows fast cooking.
- It has a thick base for uniform distribution of heat and rapid cooking.
- The storage capacity of the cooker is 2.4 L.
- The manufacturer offers a warranty of 5 years on the product.
Butterfly provides the best pressure cooker in India that is made hassle-free and easy to maintain. They are packed with performance and elegance and is a must buy.
The price of the product is 2637 INR but it is available on Amazon for a price of 1995 INR that is a discount of 24%.
- Aesthetic design
- Safety gasket
- A solid base for uniform heating
- Release of water through a whistle
- Burning handle upon heating
- Delivery of damaged product
4. Vinod 188 Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker -2 Ltr
Vinod pressure cooker is the best pressure cooker in India that has become one of the most popular cookware among Indians.
These pressure cookers have an innovative design and they were the first to introduce the steel aluminum sandwich base to Indian households.
It has elegant looks and tough design that makes it durable and long-lasting. Some of its essential features are as follows:
- It has a body made of 18/8 stainless steel that ensures safety cooking, uniform heat distribution, and prevents sticking.
- It retains the natural flavor of the food with the vitamins and proteins that are not retained in conventional cooking.
- It is provided with a fusible safety valve that releases the extra pressure.
- It also has a gasket release system that provides additional safety in case the valve is blocked or there is extra pressure.
- The gasket is food grade silicone material that does not add any color to the food being cooked.
- The product is ISI and CE certified which ensures a safe product.
- The manufacture provides a warranty of 2 years on the product.
Vinod offers the best pressure cooker in India that is perfect for your kitchen.
It is available for a price of 2130 INR but on amazon for 1990 INR at a discount of 7% with free delivery. It is one of the best products that does not allow you to look any further.
- Silicone gasket provides effective sealing and added protection with a safety valve system.
- Stainless steel aluminum base that ensures uniform heating and fast cooking.
- Long whistle time that spills the food to the base.
- Despite the safety valves, customers reported blasting of the pressure cooker.
5. Futura Stainless Steel Induction Compatible Pressure Cooker
Futura pressure cooker is the best pressure cooker in India, the only product to have been displayed by the Museum of Modern Art, New York.
It ensures faster cooking and is provided with finger-tip pressure release that ensures safe use of the appliance. Let’s see some more features of the product:
- It has a body of stainless steel with a magnetic base of AISI 430 grade that makes it compatible for induction.
- It is compatible to be used on gas, electric, halogen, ceramic and induction cooktops.
- The body and the lid are made of non-magnetic stainless steel Grade 304
- It has a 4.9mm aluminum base between the layers of stainless steel that ensure efficient heat distribution, faster cooking, prevents burning and sticking.
- It is best for light frying, deep frying, and pressure cooking with a flat base.
- It is provided with rubber gasket, vent weight, cookbook, guarantee card, cleaning brush, and a grid in the package.
- The manufacturer offers a warranty of 5 years on the product.
Futura products are the most sought after for kitchen appliances and are considered reliable and endurable among its customers.
The price of this product is 4600 INR but it is available for a price of 4085 INR at a discount of 11%. It is one of the best products for you to bring home.
- Stainless steel aluminum base that is magnetic
- Allows frying and pressure cooking
- 5 years of warranty on the product
- The curvy design makes it difficult to clean
- Not made to be user-friendly
- Unusually heavyweight
6. AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
The amazon pressure cooker is the best pressure cooker in India. It is a stainless steel pressure cooker that uses steam, heat, and pressure for faster cooking.
With its two levels of pressure cooking, it is ideal for cooking a variety of dishes such as soups, stews, curries, and meat dishes. Let’s have a closer look at more specific features of the product:
- It is a 4 liter stainless steel pressure cooker.
- It provides two levels of cooking- 50kPa for slow cooking and 90kPa for fast cooking.
- It has securely connected Bakelite handles that ensure easy handling.
- It can be used on all heat sources such as induction, gas, stove
- It is compatible with cleaning in a dishwasher
- It requires half the time to cook vegetarian dishes than conventional cooking and uses 1/3rd of the energy than it would normally require for everyday cooking.
- It maintains the level of nutrients while cooking as it requires minimal liquid for cooking.
- The high pressure of the cooker increases the tenderizing effect of non-vegetarian food.
- It has a safety valve that determines the rise in pressure and pops up to reveal a red cap that pops back in when the pressure is normalized and the cooker is safe to open.
- The safety valve also allows you to ensure that the lid is properly locked.
- It has a great design and aesthetic looks.
It is available on Amazon and is one of the best pressure cooker in India to bring home.
The price of the product is 5500 INR but it is available on Amazon for a price of 2499 INR at a discount of 55%. So, bring home this pressure cooker and cook easily for yourself and your family.
- It has two levels of cooking-fast and slow.
- It has a safety valve that operates depending on the inside pressure.
- It is highly energy-efficient.
- It leaks from the handles and push-button.
- The cooker is heavy and not easy to handle.
- The gasket may have problems with leakage.
7. Impex EP-3C5 Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Cooking has never been easier before. The Impex pressure cooker makes you the wonder chef at home, so you can make your favorite dishes in the blink of an eye and even enjoy having them with your family.
It is not just a pressure cooker but it helps in cooking everything from the start to the end. It makes cooking simple and efficient. It is the best pressure cooker in India.
Find the key features of this product as stated below.
- It is a pressure cooker combo that comes with a single lid for both the cookers.
- It has heat resistant handles that ensure a sturdy grip and ensures easy handling.
- It has a food-grade silicone gasket that ensures that there is no leakage.
- It has a stainless steel vent tube and a regulator.
- It has a spring-loaded safety valve that ensures release of over-pressure.
- It also has a pressure indicator that provides another safety line.
- It is made of high food-grade stainless steel that is resistant to corrosion.
- It has a heavy induction base and steel aluminum sandwich bottom.
- The handles are made of Bakelite that is resistant to heat and also strong enough to take the weight of the cooker.
- It has a vent tube that releases pressure, ensures safe cooking, and saves on a lot of time.
- It has a gasket release system that forms the second line of safety. The gasket bulges out and releases pressure in case there is a blockage in the vent.
- The third level of safety is the extra safety valve at the top of the lid that releases any over-pressure and prevents the cooker from bursting.
Impex is the best pressure cooker in India. With its multiple attachments, it makes cooking a lot easier and faster.
It has exclusive features that make cooking multiple dishes a lot easier and for you to save time and energy. It also helps you explore new ventures of cooking and enjoy your favorite dishes with your family.
The price of the product is 3990 INR but it is available on Amazon for a price of 2090 INR at a discount of 48%. It is the best product you can bring to your kitchen.
- Provided with safety valve, vent, and gasket for release of pressure and safe use.
- Provided with a sandwich bottom and heavy base for induction.
- Many customers did not get the cookers of the size that is promised in the package.
- Handles are not very sturdy
8. Pristine Sinduction Base Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Pristine induction based stainless steel pressure cooker is the best pressure cooker in India.
It is designed using a European stainless steel state of the art technology and some of the best manufacturing procedures. It is designed for healthy and nutritious cooking.
Let’s have a glance at its super amazing features.
- It is provided with a thick induction base for uniform distribution of heat and ensures faster cooking.
- It has a safety valve and gasket system for the release of extra pressure.
- It is made of stainless steel that ensures hygienic cooking.
- It has a silicon safety gasket and ensures safe cooking.
- It ensures cooking of vegetables, dal, and rice in minutes.
The product is affordable and available for e price of 1699INR. On Amazon, the product is available for 1262 INR for a discount of 26% and you can avail it. It is highly efficient and provides the best experience.
This is another of the best pressure cookers in India and you must buy it for your home.
- Provided with a thick induction base
- Made of high-grade stainless steel.
- There may be leakage from the lid.
- Some reports say the lid may come off as the pressure increases.
- Poor quality of parts
9. Hawkins Stainless Steel Wide Pressure Cooker
It is the best pressure cooker in India with the body of stainless steel and a bottom of sandwiched stainless steel aluminum.
The stainless steel allows for hygienic cooking and makes it easy for cleaning. It is suitable for any kind of cooktop such as induction, gas, stove. Some of its essential features are as follows:
- It is made of 100% stainless steel.
- The bottom has a core of around 4cm thick aluminum sandwich sandwiched between the stainless steel.
- It has a flat base that does not bulge.
- Stainless steel does not corrode, is hygienic and easy to clean.
- It can be used for light and deep frying and pressure cooking.
- It has a lid locking mechanism that ensures safety.
- It is ideal for a family of 3-5.
- The manufacturer offers a warranty of 5 years on the product.
Hawkins offers the best pressure cooker in India that is perfect for cooking a variety of recipes. It is available for a reasonable price with extra charges of the shipping on Amazon.
It is one of the best products that does not allow you to look any further. The price of the product is 2825 INR but it is available on Amazon for 2555 INR at a 10% discount.
- It is a 100% stainless steel product
- It is made to be hygienic and allows easy cleaning
- The lid handlebar may be loose and not properly attached to the body.
- It is quite a big cooker for everyday cooking.
10. Prestige Svachh Clip-on Mini Stainless steel 3 Litre Pressure Cooker
This is another pressure cooker from Prestige that is designed to transform the looks of your kitchen.
It is made of high-quality stainless steel and you can use it to fry, boil and cook as you please. Let’s know more of its features:
- It is made of stainless steel and has a non-induction base. The lid is also of stainless steel and protects against the pressure developed.
- The lid can be placed in any position and it locks efficiently.
- It is provided with a pressure indicator that ensures maximum safety.
- It has a modular design that allows using the same lid for all utensils.
- It has a clip-on lid that prevents slippage and makes it safe and easier to cook.
- The manufacturer offers a warranty of 5 years on the product.
Prestige products are the most sought after for kitchen appliances and are considered reliable and endurable among its customers.
This pressure cooker is available for a price of 3470 INR but for a discount price of 2880 INR on Amazon at a discount of 17%. It is one of the best pressure cooker in India for you to bring home.
- Stainless steel body and lid.
- Clip-on lid that ensures protection and safety.
- Poor quality parts.
- Delivery of faulty product.
Basics of a pressure cooker
A pressure cooker can easily cook food and takes about 1/3rd the time for cooking as it would take in a stovetop or oven. The intense steam built up in the pan helps in cooking food faster.
However, after using a stove and pan, this might be a new appliance for you and there are some basics that you should know. Some of the best pressure cooker in India is offered by different companies and you can get yourself one for faster cooking.
Also, it is useful to try different dishes and recipes that take a lot of time to make otherwise.
Basic components of a pressure cooker
The appliance may have become synonymous with some of the horrifying episodes such as throwing off the lid or blasting in the kitchen, spilling food everywhere.
However, the modern pressure cookers are all provided with a safety valve that allows the release of extra pressure and ensures that there is no explosion.
The lid has an interlocking mechanism so that the pressure is formed only when the lid is locked properly.
There is a sealing ring or gasket that creates an airtight seal that does not allow the pressure to escape.
The cooker is provided with safety valves or vent that ensures that the overpressure is released.
While cooking in the pressure cooker, you also need to be aware of the quick release and natural release.
A quick release is when you want to open the pressure valve in one go like for some vegetables or eggs. Natural release is after cooking, if you keep the pressure cooker for a while, the steam releases on its own after some time and the heat subsides.
The pressure release valve allows you to control the release of pressure. Also, you have the pressure indicator that shows you the pressure build-up in the cooker.
Depending upon the model, make sure as to how much can you fill the cooker. Generally, it should not be more than two-thirds of the capacity.
With the modern design of the pressure cookers, you are good to go and need not worry about any blasts. You can make your favorite recipes in no time.
This review describes all the features of the best pressure cooker in India, you can go through them and choose for yourself to bring home a great pressure cooker to your kitchen.
All of them are made equally efficient and long-lasting of high food-grade stainless steel. The stainless steel keeps it hygienic and also allows you to clean the pan easily.
They all are available on Amazon at great discounts, and have become an appliance that every household has in India as well as abroad.
You can make a dish you want with the pressure cookers in a very short time. It saves on money and power and helps you enjoy your meal with your family.
Also, the basics of the pressure cooker and their components have been discussed here. Before you go on to buy a pressure cooker, you can advance your knowledge so you would understand your options better.
Bringing home the best pressure cooker in India can enable you to make multiple dishes, make cooking easier, and save on time and energy.
Now you can make whatever you want within a short time. It is also completely safe with the lid, gasket, and safety valves and there’s no hassle of cleaning.
These pressure cookers are designed with sleek and chic looks that add to the elegance of your kitchen. They make cooking hassle-free and you can try new dishes all the time that will make you the beloved chef at home.
These pressure cookers are made to withstand dishwashing and easy to handle, have a safety lock system, and avoid spilling.
These are the best pressure cooker in India and you must choose one of them for your kitchen.
They are provided with a warranty by the manufacturers and you can order them online at Amazon at some of the best prices. So, do not delay and get the pressure cooker today at home for your kitchen.